Shampooing and conditioning your hair extensions before installing them is highly recommended but optional. Its important to rinse out the conditioner thoroughly until there's no suds left. If any residue is left behind you will experience stiffness and dullness in your hair. Your final step is to allow your bundles to hang dry or lay flat to air dry.
1a. Make sure to use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.
1b. Tresemme rich moisture
2. Use hydrating and moisturizing products.
3. Remember to use some type of moisturizer after shampooing. Cream or a thick serum will be the best option for wavy/curly extensions. Thin/light serum or oil are best for body wave/straight hair to prevent oiliness.
4. Make sure to detangle your bundles before washing to prevent knots.
5. Mist your hair with water and began detangling your hair with a wide tooth comb or your fingers from your ENDS TO ROOT.
6a. Make sure to use heat protectant each time before using hot tools.
6b Ex. BioSilk or Turn up the heat
7. Wash your bundles at least every 2 weeks to wash out product build up.
8. Make sure to sleep with a silk or satin headscarf.
9. Treat your bundles with the same care as your would your real hair.
10. The way you care for your hair extensions plays a big part in how long it will last.